My Board of Directors Memberships & Other Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Foundation’s Young Professionals Board – Charitable arm of the Chicago Bar Association, July 2009-Present
- The GOA (Growth, Opportunity & Alliances) - One of Chicagoland’s largest business associations; member Board of Directors October 2008-Present; 2010 Board Vice Chair & head of the Government Affairs Team; been a Member of the GOA & Member of Government Affairs Team – September 2004-Present.
- ChildServ – Founded in 1894 ChildServ runs orphanages, group homes & offers other family services in Chicagoland; I joined their Board in July 2007 & became co-chair of the HR Committee in 2008, also member of Board’s Executive Committee.
- Youth Outreach Services, founded in 1959, YOS is a fully accredited & licensed child & family advocacy & direct service organization that provides counseling, intervention, preventive care (e.g., health), housing & family services, like foster care & transitional living programs to Chicago-area youth & their families. I joined the Board in October 2010.
- Lakeside Community Committee - 40-plus year old agency committed to facilitating quality foster care and related services for needy children; reuniting biological parents and their children; and strengthening the social and economic base of Chicago’s Grand Crossing neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. I joined the Board in 2010.
- Kelly Hall YMCA - Based in Chicago’s West Humboldt Park neighborhoo, this is a joint venture between the Chicago Archdiocese & the Greater Chicago Food Depository; Member, Board of Directors since April 2012.
- Black & Latino Achievers - Academic, personal and career development of African-American and Latino students in 7th-12th grades; Member, Steering Committee since April 2012.
- Small Business Advocacy Council, the voice for small-to-medium sized businesses in Chicago. I joined their board at the commencement of the SBAC in 2010.
- Affiliated Health Care Consultants - AHC is an organization of like-minded, independent professionals from different disciplines. AHC members provide professional services to healthcare professionals and businesses. Member, Advisory Board, March 2011-present.
- Urban Gateways – Arts education & performances for students in Chicagoland; Junior Board member from January 2004-December 2008
- JCB Chicago.org – Jewish Children’s Bureau of Chicago; I volunteered with them from 1995-2007 as a “big brother” to 3 kids
- Youth Communication Chicago – Publisher of Youth Communication Chicago newspaper & multimedia products; I became a member of its Board of Directors in 2006 & became Board President in April 2007. I served as Board Member & President until March 2009
- The YMCA Alliance - Welfare-to-work, job training & development, & literacy; part of YMCA of Metro Chicago; Member of its Board of Directors since 1998 & the Board’s Chairman since 2008. We closed for business at the end of 2012.
DISCLAIMER: Being listed on this page doesn’t constitute any sort of endorsement or recommendation. If you have questions about anything on this page (or even this site), please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- Antrim Consulting – See recommendation in my 05/15/05 post
- Arkansas employment law – Melanie McClure of Little Rock’s Cox & Sterling firm, management side labor & employment law blog
- Bassham & Associates – Coaching, training & consulting for individuals at all levels within an organization. Focusing on personal & professional development with an emphasis on how individuals interact with those around them. This can take the form of executive coaching, group training or one-on-one training that focuses on specific problem behaviors. Consulting on organizational development issues such as employee engagement & others that impact the organization’s climate, morale & most importantly … the bottom line. This can include the development, implementation, interpretation & debriefing of various types of surveys
- chicagolandrealestatelaw.com – Website/blog of Rachell M. Horbenko, a Chicago-based attorney practicing in the areas of Real Estate Law and Estate Planning
- CEO Consultant.com - Damon Clifford’s website – Comprehensive source for business information; mostly focusing on business consulting/counseling
- CoachKathleen.com – Kathleen Prunty, MBA, RODP, the founder of Executive Advantage, Inc., an executive coaching firm, specializing in helping executives & physicians navigate career issues; also, Kathleen is a Professor of Communication at Dominican University, where she teaches corporate communication, conflict resolution, family communication & executive coaching
- Corporate Moves, Inc. – Executive search concentrating in senior management positions on a national basis; market specialties in biotechnology, scientific, medical, industrial and B2B
- Enochs Law Firm - Wisconsin Employment & Labor Law Blog by Randy Enochs, a Milwaukee-based labor & employment lawyer. His main website is here.
- Evan Carmichael’s website for & about entrepreneurs; includes HR & labor & employment law related content written by me
- George’s Employment Blog – By George Lenard, a management side labor & employment lawyer in St. Louis
- Health Plan Law, Group Help Plans Claims Administration – Comprehensive yet focused blog about ERISA group health plans, claims administration & related fiduciary issues; by Roy Harmon of Harmon & Major law firm, Greenville, SC; Roy also serves as VP & General Counsel of Cost Recovery Systems, Inc.
- Human Elements – 3rd Party HR Consulting & Management; I highly recommend them.
- Integra Security Alliance – Network for essential security services; specializing in pre-employment screening, uniform guards, video surveillance systems, burglar/fire alarms & access control systems; member companies are individually owned, recognized leaders in their specialty with up to 30 years of service in the security field; Integra-Security Alliance is endorsed by the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce & the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police
- Jonathan B. Wilson – Atlanta-based corporate Vice President & General Counsel @ Interland Inc.; great global legal blog
- Karel’s Legal Blog – Karel Frielink, partner @ Spigthoff Attorneys at Law & Tax Advisers in Curacao, the Netherlands Antilles; specialties are corporate law, securities law & e-commerce; he’s a frequent commentator on corporate & securities case law developments & author of books & articles on various aspects of Dutch & Netherlands Antilles law
- Labor & Employment Law Blog – by George Kittredge & colleagues of WME Books, Rochester, NY
- Law Office of Richard A. Crane – I’m well-acquainted with Rich via Lawyer’s Connecting networking group in Chicago; he’s a corporate & real estate attorney with a focus on healthcare professionals & their needs.
- Laws.com – Informational website focused on the lay person in law
- Retirement Plan Blog, Jerry Kalish’s blog; Jerry is President of National Benefit Services, Inc., in Chicago; decades of experience in executive & workforce retirement planning